A copay assistance program is available for eligible patients covered under commercial or private insurance who require assistance with out-of-pocket costs associated with their ENDARI prescription.
Patients with coverage from a federally funded program (such as Medicare or Medicaid) are not eligible for the copay assistance program.
Terms and Conditions
- The Endari Commercial Copayment Assistance Program ("Program") can be used only by eligible residents of the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S. territories at participating eligible Network Pharmacies who are unable to afford the out-of-pocket costs associated with their ENDARI prescription. Product must originate in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S. territories. You must be 18 years or older to use the Program for yourself or a minor.
- The Program is limited to one per person and is not transferable. No substitutions are permitted. This Program is available for each valid prescription. No other purchase is necessary. The offer cannot be combined with any other coupon, free trial, discount, prescription savings card, or other offer. Acceptance in this Program is not conditioned on any past, present, or future purpose, including additional doses.
- The Program is not insurance and is not intended to substitute for insurance.
- The Program is valid only for patients with commercial insurance and is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed:
- In whole or part, by Medicare, Medicaid or a Medicare part D plan, TRICARE, VA, DOD, Puerto Rico government health insurance plan, or any other federal or state-funded healthcare benefit program (collectively, "Government Programs");
- Or by commercial plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs that reimburse for the entire cost of prescription drugs.
- Patients without insurance coverage are considered "cash-pay" patients. Medicare Part D enrollees who are in the prescription drug coverage gap (the "donut hole") are not eligible for the Program. Patients who begin receiving prescription benefits from such Government Programs at any time will no longer be eligible to use the Program. Void where prohibited by law, taxed, or restricted.
- Patient, pharmacist, and prescriber agree not to seek reimbursement for all or any part of the benefit received by the patient through the offer. Both patient and pharmacist are each individually responsible for reporting receipt of Program benefit to any insurer, health plan, or other third party who pays for or reimburses any part of the prescription filled using the Program, as required.
- Patient must complete an application for Copay Assistance in order for Emmaus to determine patient eligibility for the program. As part of this application, Patient must attest to financial need and insurance coverage.
- Information pertaining to your use of the Program will be shared with Emmaus, the sponsor of the Program, and its affiliates. The information disclosed will include the date the prescription is filled, the number of pills or product dispensed by the pharmacists, and the amount of your co-pay that will be paid for by using this Program.
- Patient is required to pay the first $10.00 of their monthly co-payment for ENDARI.
- Emmaus reserves the right to terminate, rescind, revoke, or modify this Program at any time without notice.
ENDARI [L-glutamine oral powder] is indicated to reduce the acute complications of sickle cell disease in adults and children 5 years and older.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
The most common side effects in clinical studies were constipation, nausea, headache, pain in the stomach area, cough, pain in the hands or feet, back pain, and chest pain.
Side effects that led to a stop in treatment during the clinical studies were 1 case each of overactive spleen (an organ that helps filter your blood), pain in the stomach area, indigestion, burning sensation and hot flash.
It is not known whether ENDARI is safe and effective in children younger than 5 years old with sickle cell disease.
Please see full Prescribing Information.
You are encouraged to report all possible negative side effects of ENDARI to Emmaus Medical, Inc. at 1-877-420-6493 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1080 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.